Welcome to the ASCEPT 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting
On behalf of the Program Committee, we invite you to attend the ASCEPT Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM). Due to the continued uncertainty around COVID-19, the success and reach of a vaccine, and potential imposing travel restrictions and border closures, the ASCEPT Board and 2021 organising committee have decided to proceed with a virtual meeting to allow for all interstate and international members to attend. The meeting will still be held from Monday 29 November – Thursday 2 December 2021 through the ASCEPT virtual meeting portal.
The theme for this meeting is: 20/20 Hindsight – creating a sustainable future for pharmacology and toxicology.
We anticipate that there will be approximately 300 participants for the ASM including world-class experts, early career researchers and students are all actively engaged in either academic or industrial pre-clinical and clinical pharmacology.
The ASM offers the opportunity to network with colleagues and other leading international and national scientists and academics at both social and scientific activities. A key feature of the ASM is the chance for early career researchers and research students to present their research findings in poster and oral presentations sessions. ASCEPT annual awards and prizes will also be presented at the ASM.
The program of plenary lectures, symposia and workshops, oral presentations and posters will be scientifically stimulating and lead to new collaborations and research opportunities.
We hope you will join us for the meeting later this year.
Assoc Prof Danijela Gnjidic
Dr Dan Wright
Chair, ASCEPT ASM
Dr Nicola Smith
Acting Chair, ASCEPT ASM
Who should attend:
• academic and industrial scientists associated with drug discovery, drug formulation and drug delivery research and development
• clinicians involved in the prescription and/or review of therapeutic agents
• regulatory and clinical scientists involved in drug development and drug registration, bioavailability and bioequivalence study design and assessment, preparation and review of regulatory dossiers
• researchers in clinical pharmacy, pharmacology and toxicology
• education providers in pharmacy, pharmacology and toxicology
• students and postdoctoral fellows from Australia and New Zealand in all areas of pharmaceutical science and pharmacy
• government agencies involved in chemical safety assessment and registration
• medical practitioners such as clinical pharmacologists, clinical toxicologists, cardiologists and general physicians.